LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, DISTRICT 48 OPERATIONS - MAINTENANCE, HENDERSON COUNTY
This classification of TDOT Operations Technician currently has an In-Range salary of $2603 monthly.
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Applicants for this class must:
* Possess and maintain a Class D driver's license valid to operate vehicles in the State of Tennessee. * Possess and maintain, or obtain at their own expense and within eleven months of hire or promotion, a Class A Commercial Driver's License with an N endorsement (a 57 restriction is allowable) that is valid in the State of Tennessee. Employees will have five months from hire or promotion into title to obtain the applicable permits leading to eligibility for the specific required license. * Employees not meeting the age requirements for the Class A Commercial Driver's License with an N endorsement must possess and maintain, or obtain at their own expense and within eleven months of hire or promotion into title, a Class B Commercial Driver's License that is valid in the State of Tennessee. When the age requirements are met, the employee must, at their own expense and within eleven months, obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with N endorsement (a 57 restriction is allowable) that is valid in the State of Tennessee.
Examination Method: Education and Experience,100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under immediate supervision, performs labor and data collection work of average difficulty in the area of highway maintenance, survey, construction, or inspection of a roadway, bridge, or other transportation structures; performs related work as required; responsible for following instructions quickly and accurately.
Distinguishing Features: This is the entry level class in the Operations Technician sub-series. An employee in this class performs labor and data collection work in the area of maintenance, inspection, repair, and/or construction. An employee in this class may also operate roadway maintenance equipment, perform roadway maintenance work, and perform paraprofessional civil engineering assistance work, such as conducting materials or soils tests and performing geometric or algebraic calculations. This class differs from Operations Technician Senior in that an incumbent of the latter performs technical civil engineering work and supervises inspection and maintenance labor staff and activities.
* Dealing with Ambiguity * Integrity and Trust * Perseverance * Personal Learning * Time Management * Informing * Standing Alone * Technical Learning * Listening * Peer Relationships
* Basic knowledge of simple carpentry * Basic knowledge of roadway construction materials * Basic knowledge of concrete construction * Basic knowledge of roadway drainage features * Basic knowledge of roadway surveying * Basic knowledge of office clerical tasks including data entry and form completion (written or electronic) * Basic knowledge of simple mathematics (arithmetic and calculations of area and volume) * Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools as used for basic roadway maintenance and construction * Basic knowledge of operating a variety of on and off road vehicles used for basic roadway maintenance and construction * Basic knowledge of general maintenance (such as checking fluid levels) of on and off road vehicles used for basic roadway maintenance and construction * Basic knowledge of work zone establishment and safety procedures * Basic knowledge of personal protective equipment, operation and use * Basic knowledge of roadway construction plans * Basic knowledge of communication using two-way and stationary radios
* Basic reading comprehension * Active listening skills * Speaking to other individuals to convey information * Basic skill instructing team members * Basic skill coordinating team members and work activities * Basic report and form writing skills * Social perceptiveness skills * Skill to select equipment for work activity * Basic equipment maintenance * Basic skill in the operation and control of on and off road equipment * Basic monitoring of equipment * Basic skill in conducting field tests of materials * Time management skill
* Memorization * Oral Comprehension * Oral Expression * Number Facility * Problem Sensitivity * Mathematical Reasoning * Visualization * Written Expression * Selective Attention * Spatial Orientation * Written Comprehension * Arm-Hand Steadiness * Control Precision * Multi-Limb Coordination * Rate Control * Reaction Time * Dynamic Flexibility * Dynamic Strength * Gross Body Equilibrium * Stamina * Static Strength * Depth Perception * Peripheral Vision * Speech Recognition