Minimum Qualifications Benefits Supplemental Questions
LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, REHABILITATION SERVICES DIVISION, RUTHERFORD COUNTY
Education and Experience: Experience equivalent to one year of fulltime custodial work.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, performs custodial work of average difficulty which usually includes leading others; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the lead class in the Custodial Worker sub-series. An employee in this class may be assigned to work any shift in leading a small number of custodial workers at a facility. This class differs from that of Custodial Worker 1 in that an incumbent of the latter does not act as a lead person on a permanent basis. This class differs from that of Custodial Worker Supervisor 1 in that an incumbent of the latter is responsible for supervising a moderate-sized group of custodial personnel.
* Time Management
* Directing Others
* Positive Attitude
* Motivating Others
* Decision Quality
* Problem Solving
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Basic knowledge of principles, equipment, and chemicals involved in cleaning work
* Basic skill in managing one's own time and the time of others
* Basic skill in teaching others how to do something
* Basic skill in monitoring/assessing performance of self or others to make improvements or take corrective action
* Basic skill in troubleshooting to determine causes of operating errors in equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, or other custodial equipment
* Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with one's body, arms, and/or legs
* Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
* Ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand
* Ability to listen to and understand information presented through spoken words and sentences
* Ability to read and understand information presented in writing