The Reserve at Spring Hill is hiring.
As a not-for-profit assisted living and skilled nursing community, it is our mission to provide quality residential and care services at an affordable cost. The Reserve at Spring Hill offers all of the comforts of home while also providing the security of having trained medical staff on site 24 hours a day.
Directs the administration of health care facility within the authority of the management company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Manages 24 hour operation of facility.
- Directs and regularly communicates with management team. Works with department directors to manage budgets, financial needs, census, equipment, supplies, and resources. Ensures proper response to family, resident, regulatory, business and personnel matters.
- Manages survey and reporting processes. Leads department directors and staff regarding conduct and disclosure, reporting, being present at all times surveyors are on-site, directing prompt responses to requests for information, and undertaking corrective action, if appropriate.
- Directs and performs quality assessment and assurance functions, including but not limited to: regulatory compliance rounds to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality. Implementation of programs to gather and analyze data for trends and to institute actions to resolve problems promptly. Reports and makes recommendations to appropriate committee.
- Ensures adherence to proper safety procedures, including but not limited to: compliance with infection control program, OSHA, fire and disaster safety, prompt investigation and reporting of injury. In the event of an emergency, directs employees, residents, and others to assure safety.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This includes but is not limited to: documentation of investigations, incidents, meetings, staff training and in-services.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to present information to management effectively. Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to manage facility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs. Good communication and computer skills.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
Supervises department directors, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the facility policies, practices, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four year college or university and experience in healthcare care setting preferred. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Nursing Home or Residential Care Administrator license as appropriate per facility and state requirements.