About Dallas Airmotive
Tracing its origins to 1932 at Dallas Love Field, Dallas Airmotive, a BBA Aviation company, got its start repairing and overhauling aircraft piston engines. Today Dallas Airmotive focuses on servicing turbine engines used by business and general aviation, government, military, airline and rotor wing operators around the world. As a leading independent OEM-authorized turbine engine repair and overhaul organization, we have forged bonds with turbine engine manufacturers that go back more than 60 years. Working with these OEMs, we are proud to have developed many of the repair and overhaul techniques that are standard in the industry today. Over the years, we have continued to add engine authorizations, services and capabilities that encompass the majority of turbine-powered business and general aviation aircraft flying today, with support that extends to every corner of the globe.
If you are looking for a rewarding career with a time-tested leader in the aviation industry, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and gratifying career opportunity by clicking APPLY ONLINE above.
Purpose - Job Summary:
The incumbent must reside in the East Coast USA. (TN, MS, AL, GA)
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive and long-term account relationships with customers to achieve sales, revenue and markets share targets for Rotorcraft gas turbine engines, modules, parts or accessories.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
* Execute tactical annual sales/service account plans in order to achieve sales and customer satisfaction or relationship targets, emphasizing outside sales as directed by VP or GM, which may involve the sale of third party equipment from customers/parts suppliers.
* Establish and maintain high level of positive and effective contact with key customers, agents, lead generators and others to enhance opportunities for new and continuing business development and major key accounts.
* Maintain up to date and accurate customer sales records, expense plans, budgets and related databases.
* Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within assigned customer base, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate sales/marketing recommendations.
* Travel as necessary to establish/maintain a presence with customers, enhance relationship opportunities, attend trade shows, and visit R&O bases and heavy maintenance facilities on a consistent timetable or schedule.
* Identify opportunities for service improvement processes, in working/distribution practices and team efficiency.
* Adhere to the Company's proprietary information protection policies.
* Work closely with and maintain good working relationships with all interdepartmental areas such as Customer Service, Engineering, QC and Finance to ensure both customer & company requirements are met or exceeded.
* May follow client engines/parts through company maintenance/repair processes or monitor customer service tracking.
* Create or review analysis of such tasks as: product cost comparisons with rest of industry, sales proposals, work-order cost estimates/proposal completion; gross margin analysis; invoice review; and service bulletin/O.E.M. review.
* Assist customers with obtaining satisfactory operations such as parts delivery or R&O completion dates.
Formal Education Training:
College degree (Associates or Bachelor's) or high school graduate with technical/sales training and knowledge normally achieved through graduation from a university, trade school or military aircraft maintenance program.
Direct /Indirect Experience:
Should have a minimum of (4) four to (6) six plus years related account management experience in aviation or related industry, sales, service and/or parts management.
The knowledge/experience level required is such that in hiring replacement, candidates would either have to have previous experience with industry products or services, or would require additional training related to those products or services prior to having sufficient knowledge to deal effectively with customers.
Qualifications: (Including Licenses and Certifications)
* Should have excellent technical knowledge of specific types of Rotorcraft turbine engines, parts and accessories.
* Hold a current Airframe & Powerplant license.
* Must possess demonstrated advanced and effective written and verbal communications skills.
* Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as learn any corporate or industry software used by the position.
* Should have a demonstrated history displaying an in-depth knowledge of sales and account management techniques.
Level of Decision Making/Problem Solving:
* Under specific direction, handles interactions in account management situations, such as customer concessions/warranty issues, representing the company, using tact and diplomacy, where effective communication and problem resolution with customers, agencies and others is vital to successful customer agreements.
* Makes decisions or recommends actions involving established policies/procedures, asset restoration and sensitive customer issues which may require consultation with executives in the operations, sales and service functions.
Physical And Mental Demands: (The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
* Normal work is performed: may exert up to (50-70) pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves walking, sitting, or standing for various periods of time.
* Near clarity of vision required for close up chart/document analysis.
* Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction.
* Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand(s).
* Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to convey detailed spoken instruction to other workers, customers or agents accurately, loudly or quickly.
* Hearing: effectively perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
The job requires elevated diligence/attention in performing duties under occasional high mental stresses commonly associated with sales/service management work, often in a time sensitive environment and using broad knowledge of company products and industry practices.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* Environment includes frequent outside exposure, but most work is performed in an office environment.
* Is exposed to hangars, ramps and turbine engine shop environments, including: hoists, heavy parts, chemicals and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
* As part of commitment to customers, incumbent may be on call well after normal business hours.
* Extensive travel (70%-90%) is required.
Dallas Airmotive, Inc. is a Military Friendly employer.
This job description shows typical requirements of a position within this job classification. This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual positions may vary slightly in functions, job dimensions and requirements. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet these requirements will still be considered fully qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
This position may require access to US-controlled sensitive information which may require US citizenship.