The purpose of this position is to provide basic patient care in a manner conducive to the comfort and safety of patients, under the direction of the nursing staff.Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Recognize and respond to the needs of patients.
- Assist in lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting patients into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Observe patients conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs, and report changes to the charge/staff nurse as soon as possible.
- Verify the identification of a patient to ensure appropriate care is provided to the correct patient.
- Report and record patient s intake on meal percentage sheets and report to charge nurse intake of less than 25%.
- Reports accidents and incidents when they occur.
- Assist in admitting, transferring and discharging patients.
- Report to supervisor all complaints and grievances made by patients, families, visitors and agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, care, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, surgical, transitional, unit